How does Courtesy Pay work?
If you have an item come through and you do not have enough money in your account to cover it, we will first try to cover the overdraft by using any of the standard Overdraft Protection sources you may have set up. Once your standard Overdraft Protection options have been exhausted, Tyndall may pay the overdraft through Courtesy Pay (up to your established limit).
- If you never use Courtesy Pay, there is never any fee to pay.
- The Courtesy Pay limit includes the amount of the overdraft(s), plus a Paid NSF Fee per item. (Refer to the current Rate & Fee Schedule for fee amount).
- Courtesy Pay applies to checks, ACH (automatic or pre-authorized) debits, Tyndall Online Banking/Bill Pay transactions, and recurring debit card transactions. It does not apply to GENIE24 transactions.
- Courtesy Pay coverage does NOT apply to ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions automatically. If you would like Courtesy Pay coverage to also apply to those types of transactions, you must specifically request it.
To Opt-In to Overdraft Coverage on ATM and debit card transactions, speak with a Financial Service Representative at one of our branches, contact our Call Center at 850-769-9999 (888-896-3255, toll-free), or send us a secure message through Online Banking.
- The Courtesy Pay overdraft limit is not included in your “available balance” shown at the ATM, through GENIE24, or through Online Banking. If you withdraw funds in excess of your available balance at an ATM and you have Opted-In to Overdraft Coverage, the withdrawal may access Courtesy Pay and you would incur overdraft fees.
- You are responsible for managing your account; we recommend you regularly monitor your account through Online and/or Mobile Banking so you are immediately aware if an overdraft occurs. No separate notification is sent to you when Courtesy Pay is used.
- If you exceed your Courtesy Pay limit, any additional items presented for payment will be returned and applicable fees will be assessed.
- Because Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual courtesy extended to you by the Credit Union based on how well you manage your account, it can be removed from your account at any time and at the sole discretion of the Credit Union. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay them. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, if you are not making regular deposits, or if you have too many overdrafts.
The Courtesy Pay program does not constitute either a written agreement of an obligation or a prearranged agreement for Tyndall Federal Credit Union to pay your overdrafts, and we may withdraw this privilege at any time. Payment of any overdrafts will continue to be at the credit union's discretion. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or if you are not making regular deposits, or if you have too many overdrafts.
Fees are subject to change without notice; please refer to our current fee schedule. If your account is not in good standing, the credit union may remove Courtesy Pay from your account without notice.
Should you have any questions about the Courtesy Pay Program, please speak with one of our Financial Service Representatives at any of our branch locations, or contact our Call Center at 850-769-9999 (888-896-3255, toll-free). You may also call our Courtesy Pay Adminstrator at 850-769-9999, ext. 8427.