Courtesy Pay Overdraft Coverage Options
There are two categories of payments covered through Courtesy Pay, and it is important to understand the difference in how those transactions are handled.
Automatic Coverage - we may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions that use your checking account number
- Recurring debit card transactions - ones you have set up to come out of your account regularly
- Automatic payments withdrawn as an electronic transfer of funds (for example, this may be an electronic payment of your electric bill, your car insurance, etc., including Tyndall’s Online Banking/Bill Pay transactions).
Coverage Provided by Request Only - we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you request it by phone, in person, or through a secure message in Online Banking (see details below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions, such as those you make at a store (point-of-sale), online, or by telephone
Tyndall will pay overdrafts at the credit union’s discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined, your check returned, or your electronic funds transfer may not be paid. A Tyndall NSF Fee (Insufficient Funds Fee) may be assessed; applicable merchant fees may also apply.
Having Overdraft Coverage does not guarantee that we will pay your overdrafts. If we decide to pay an overdraft, you will be charged a fee, as described below. Overdrafts paid through Courtesy Pay, including associated fees, must be repaid within 30 days.
Fees for Overdraft Coverage through Courtesy Pay
- For each presentment that overdraws your account, we will assess a Paid NSF Fee (Courtesy Pay Fee). (Refer to the current Fee Schedule for fee amount).
- There is a Courtesy Pay overdraft limit set on each member’s account. The limit is based on the member’s relationship with the credit union, and is set at no more than $1,750.* The limit includes the amount of the overdraft(s), plus a Paid NSF Fee for each presentment. There is a maximum of five (5) NSF Fees per day, including a combination of NSF Fees (Insufficient Funds Fees) and Paid NSF Fees (Courtesy Pay Fees).
Opt-In to Overdraft Coverage
As mentioned above, Courtesy Pay does not automatically cover overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions. If you would like to include those transactions in your Overdraft Coverage, you must request it:
- Send us a secure message through Online Banking,
- Contact our Call Center at 850-769-9999 (888-896-3255, toll-free), or
- Stop into one of our branch locations and speak with a Financial Service Representative
If you do not want to have Courtesy Pay cover those types of overdrafts, you do not need to do anything. If you wish, though, you may Opt-Out of Overdraft Coverage through the same methods shown above.
- You may reinstate or revoke your Opt-In decision at any time. This request may be made in any of the ways mentioned above with regard to the initial authorization.
- A separate Opt-In/Opt-Out request is required for each checking account and money market account you may have with the credit union.
* Fees are subject to change without notice; please refer to our current Fee Schedule. If your account is not in good standing, the credit union may remove Courtesy Pay from your account without notice. For more information on Courtesy Pay, visit us here.