What is Courtesy Pay?
Courtesy Pay is a service designed to help you if you have an overdraft on your Tyndall Checking (or Money Market) account; it is not a loan or a line of credit.
If you have a check or transaction come through and you do not have enough money in your account to cover it, we will first try to cover the overdraft by using any of the standard Overdraft Protection sources you may have set up. After those options have been exhausted, Courtesy Pay may kick in.
- Allows you to take the account balance below zero for a short amount of time. You must bring the account to a positive balance as soon as possible, within 30 days.
- Automatically available on qualified accounts once the account has been open for 30 days; it is not a service for which you must apply.
- Covers overdrawn checks, Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions (electronic payments, including Bill Pay), and recurring debit card transactions (like gym memberships, Netflix, etc).
- Additional overdraft coverage available to cover ATM and everyday debit card transactions (point-of-sale, telephone, online, etc). If you would like this coverage, however, you must specifically request it.
To Opt-In to Overdraft Coverage on these types of transactions, speak with a Financial Service Representative at one of our branches, contact our Call Center at 850-769-9999 (888-896-3255, toll-free), or send us a secure message through Online Banking.
- The Courtesy Pay limit is set based on each member’s relationship with the credit union. It is dynamic, which, in this case, means that it can change as often as daily, based on a number of factors.
The limit is set at no more than $1,750 and includes the amount of the overdraft(s), plus a Paid NSF fee (as stated in the current Rate & Fee Schedule) for each presentment. The Paid NSF Fee is the same amount as the NSF Fee that Tyndall assesses for checks that are returned as “Unpaid.” (Refer to the current Rate & Fee Schedule for fee amount).
- Maximum of five (5) NSF Fees per day, including a combination of Negative Balance Fees (NSF Fees) and Courtesy Pay fees (Paid NSF Fees).
It does not cost you anything to have the Courtesy Pay service on your account; you are only charged a fee if you use the service. Many members find it is an invaluable service to have as a "back-up" - just in case....
If you do not want to have the Courtesy Pay service added to your account to help protect you from accidental overdrafts, please speak with a Financial Service Representative at one of our branches, or contact our Call Center at 850-769-9999 (888-896-3255, toll-free).