What are the benefits of having a Tyndall VISA®
- Safety - Carrying a Check Card is much safer than carrying cash. If you lose it, nobody can use it without your Personal Identification Number. You can call your credit union and have the card blocked immediately, which minimizes any potential loss to you.
- Convenience - Because it is backed by the VISA network, the Tyndall Federal Check Card is accepted in more places than your personal check.
- Saves Money - Purchases made using your Tyndall Federal Check Card are withdrawn directly from your Checking Account, so no charges accumulate and there is no interest to pay on your purchases.
- VISA Security - If you select the “credit option” at a point-of-sale terminal or for an online transaction, the transaction is routed through the VISA network, giving you all the protection and benefits of a VISA purchase, including:
- the VISA® Zero Liability program
- the Verified by VISA® Program to help safeguard your online purchases
- proactive fraud monitoring
- ScoreCard® Bonus Points - Every time you select the "credit" option and sign for your purchase when you use your VISA Check Card, the dollars you spend count toward Bonus Points. The amount of the purchase still comes directly from your Checking Account when you choose the "credit" option, but you have the added benefit of earning one Bonus Point for every five dollars you spend on qualifying purchases. You can use these ScoreCard® Bonus Points for great gifts & travel rewards. For more information, click here.
- Flexibility – Use your VISA Check Card at:
- any Tyndall Federal Credit Union Tyndall ATM
- any ATM worldwide that displays a NYCE, Allpoint®, Presto!, Cirrus®, PLUS, CU24, Armed Forces Financial Network® (AFFN), or STAR logo. To find an ATM near you, click here to link to the networks shown.
- at any point-of-sale register that accepts the VISA Check Card – if you see the VISA logo displayed, chances are, you can use your Check Card
- online with merchants that accept VISA
When you use your Tyndall ATM/Check Card to withdraw cash at Allpoint® or Publix® Presto! ATM, you will not be assessed a network fee by Tyndall and there will be no surcharge assessed. If using a Publix Presto! machine, though, please verify that the ATM you use is on the Presto! network (since Publix locations sometimes provide access to more than one ATM).
There is also no network fee assessed by Tyndall for transactions processed through AFFN; however, a surcharge may be charged by the terminal owner.