Visa® Check Cards with ATM Access
Tyndall Federal's VISA® Check Card looks like a credit card and can be used for purchases anywhere the VISA Check Card is accepted, but it works like a check and an ATM card. It's the advantage of paper…the ease of plastic. Best of all, it’s FREE to qualifying Tyndall Federal Members who have a Tyndall Smart Checking or Classic Checking Account.
When you use the Check Card as an ATM card, you get FREE ATM transactions any time of the day or night at any of our convenient Tyndall ATM locations. Members may use their Tyndall Federal Check Cards (or ATM cards) to:
- withdraw cash
- make deposits
- inquire about account balances
- transfer funds between accounts within the same member number
What are the benefits of a Tyndall Federal VISA® Check Card?Learn More About Benefits
You may use your Tyndall Federal VISA Check Card or ATM Card at:
- any Tyndall Federal Credit Union ATM. Click here for our ATM Locations.
- any Allpoint® ATM, worldwide. Click here to find an ATM location near you.
- any ATM worldwide that displays a NYCE, Presto!, Cirrus®, PLUS, CU24, or Armed Forces Financial Network® (AFFN) logo. To find an ATM near you, click here to link to the networks shown.
- at any point-of-sale register that accepts the VISA Check Card – if you see the VISA logo displayed, chances are, you can use your Check Card
- online with merchants that accept VISA (Check Cards only)
When you use your Tyndall ATM/Check Card to withdraw cash at Publix® Presto! ATMs, you will not be assessed a network fee by Tyndall and there will be no surcharge assessed. However, it is important to verify that the ATM you use is on the Presto! network (since Publix locations sometimes provide access to more than one ATM).
There is also no network fee assessed by Tyndall for transactions processed through AFFN; however, a surcharge may be charged by the terminal owner.
Don't have a Smart Checking or Classic Checking Account? No problem. You may use a Tyndall Federal ATM Card for cash, transfers, and account inquiries at the ATMs shown above, but it cannot be used for point-of-sale or online purchases.
There is no fee for Tyndall Federal Members to use their Tyndall Federal Check Card or ATM card at one of our Tyndall ATMs. However, if you use your Tyndall Federal Check Card or ATM card at a non-TFCU ATM ("foreign" ATM), there will be a standard $1 network fee assessed for each transaction. The terminal owner may also impose a surcharge, but you will be notified of the surcharge and given the opportunity to cancel the transaction.
And now for the age-old question - Credit or Debit – is there a difference?
Absolutely - and the difference is important! Click here for information on the differences between the two Check Card options.