• On January 19, 1956, the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare, the forerunner of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), chartered Tyndall Federal Credit Union.
  • January 19, 1956 - The first office was established in Building 207 at Tyndall Air Force Base and was then known as Tyndall Air Force Base Credit Union.
  • February 1956 - The original Board of Directors set the maximum secured loan amount at $200.  Tyndall Federal has certainly come a long, long way since then. New and Used Auto loans, Home Equity loans, Signature loans, Share Pledge loans, Line of Credit loans, VISA® Cards, Construction and Mortgage loans, e-Checking and Regular Checking Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Certificate Accounts, IRAs, and many more products and services are now available to our members.
  • January 1958 - The one-thousandth member joined the Credit Union
  • December 1958 - The name was officially changed to Tyndall Federal Credit Union.
  • May 1975 - Due to our tremendous growth, Tyndall Federal Credit Union opened a new branch office on Harrison Avenue in Panama City.
  • March 1976 - Checking Accounts were introduced.
  • June 1979 - The new “Main Office” was opened on 23rd Street.
  • December 1980 - The Mail & Phone Services Department (later known as the Member Service Center) was added to serve members all over the world after they moved away from Bay County.  To continue to provide excellent service to our members, we knew we had to be completely accessible.
  • July 1983 - An in-house computer system was installed in order to take advantage of the latest technological developments.
  • July 1983 - Tyndall Federal was named ''Credit Union of the Year'' by the National Association of Federal Credit Unions.  Along with the accolades and new technology came Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), and shortly thereafter, an in-home telephone banking service was introduced known as GENIE...the Touch-tone Teller. Both ATMs and GENIE enabled members to transfer funds between accounts under the same member number, make balance inquiries, receive line of credit advances, or even make loan payments.
  • February 1993 - In an effort to provide convenient service to Panama City Beach residents, Tyndall Federal added a full-service branch on Panama City Beach
  • 1993 and 1994 - New drive-through facilities were completed at 23rd Street and Parker, and four new ATM locations were added to serve our growing membership.
  • January 1996 - The Operations Center was completed to house the administration and support functions of the credit union.  It also housed our Member Service Center and the Lending Center.
  • 1999 - Tyndall Federal Credit Union redesigned its web site to make the site easier to navigate, as well as to provide members with up-to-date information on products, services, and promotions.  The "new" web site allowed members to easily apply for membership, accounts, and loans on-line.
  • 2000 - In keeping with technological advances, we implemented a fully-functional Online Banking site.  Online Banking allowed members immediate, secure access to their Tyndall Federal account information from any personal computer.
  • 2000 - Online Bill Pay Service was also added to enable members to pay their bills electronically, directly from their Tyndall Federal Checking Accounts.
  • August 2001 - Tyndall Federal Credit Union made a significant addition to its Field of Membership when it received approval from NCUA to designate seven outlying counties and sizable areas of Bay and Okaloosa Counties as “Underserved Areas” eligible for membership with Tyndall Federal.  Plans were developed to make full-service facilities accessible to members in each of these counties.
  • 2002 - In order to provide the very best member service, Tyndall Federal enhanced its Online Banking and Bill Pay Services and provided them at no cost to its members.  Online Banking has proven to be extremely popular with our membership worldwide.
  • February 2002 - Our Parker Branch facility was renovated and more than doubled in size - to over 8,000 square feet.
  • February 2002 - To make it even more convenient for our members in the local area, we completed construction of our Lynn Haven Branch. This branch consists of a nearly 8,000 square foot full-service facility, 10 drive-through lanes, and 2 ATM lanes.
  • April 2003 - In order to provide more members with convenient access to personal service, we opened a new full-service branch in Marianna.
  • April 2006 - Our new Online Mortgage Center brought convenience closer to home. The Mortgage Center was designed to make it easy and convenient to complete your mortgage application online quickly, no matter where you are or what time it is. It also provided loan rates and comprehensive information regarding many different types of home loans...all at the click of the mouse.
  • August 2007 - Tyndall Federal recognized the importance of rewarding members for doing more of their business through electronic channels.  In order to do this, we unveiled our unique e-Checking product.  With an e-Checking Account, members earn a significantly higher dividend rate (the e-Rate) on their funds if they meet certain account requirements each month regarding Check Card transactions, e-Statements, etc.
  • March 2008 – Tyndall Federal Credit Union became one of the nation’s top performing credit unions in Member Returns, improving its rank from 138th to 4th in Callahan & Associates “Return to the Member” Index.  Callahan & Associates of Washington D.C. calculates rankings by evaluating several factors, including who pays the highest dividend on deposits, charges the lowest rates on loans, and offers the lowest fees to members.
  • July 2008 - Our initial branch in Marianna was a small storefront branch that enabled is to quickly establish our presence there to serve our members in the Marianna area.  In July, we proudly opened a new, larger branch that includes a drive-up ATM and drive-thru lanes.  This new branch has made account access quicker and more convenient for our members.
  • July 2008 - Tyndall continued its 18-year run as a 5-Star Credit Union, as rated by BauerFinancial, Inc. To earn this award, Tyndall exhibited top-tier strength in categories such as capital adequacy, asset quality and stability.  The award demonstrated Tyndall's continued safety and soundness for members all over the Florida panhandle and worldwide. This distinction put Tyndall in the top 10% of all credit unions nationwide.
  • December 9, 2008 - Tyndall Federal continued its expansion into some of the surrounding counties by opening a full-service branch in Chipley, Florida.
  • January, 2009 - Tyndall Federal took the opportunity to offer even more convenience to our Panama City Beach members by opening its Thomas Drive Branch.
  • July 2009 - Tyndall Federal opened its first branch outside of the State of Florida. With the grand opening of a new branch in Dothan, AL, we brought our  outstanding products & services to residents of Houston County, Alabama.
  • December 31, 2009 - Tyndall proudly announced that we reached a milestone of $1 billion in assets as of the end of 2009.
  • April 2011 - Tyndall continued its expansion into Alabama with the opening of a beautiful new branch in Spanish Fort. With the addition of this branch, we were able to offer more convenience to residents of Baldwin and Mobile Counties in Alabama.

Tyndall Federal Credit Union remains a leading financial institution in Bay County. In fact, we now serve over 105,000 members worldwide and have assets of more than $1 billion. Tyndall Federal Credit Union continues to set the pace as one of the leading credit unions in the nation.